It’s super important for local businesses to create Facebook Events to promote their activities. People can’t attend your event if they don’t know about it. And even if they are aware of it, people are less likely to attend unless we remind them to attend.
Tips for using Facebook Events for your business promotions
- Don't just create a post. Create a Facebook Event. When you create a general post for your page timeline, it becomes difficult for people to go and find that post. If someone happens to hear that you have an event going on, and they go to find information about that event, make it easy for them to find the event by having it appear in your Events tab.
- Facebook will remind people when and where the party's at. When you enter your event and location, Facebook will prompt people near the event about when and where it's happening. This is how you can get your event featured as a "suggested event" by Facebook.
- Facebook will summon your tribe. Facebook will show the event to friends of people who are interested. People can see which of their friends are interested in the event, which creates "social proof" for your event. People are more likely to attend your event if they know friends that are also interested or already attending.
- Facebook's got an app for that. Facebook Local is a phone app that helps us stay in touch with everything that’s going on in our local area. It even tells us which of our Facebook friends are interested in those events. But your business can't take advantage of this if you don't use Facebook Events.
- Most importantly...event particpants can be retargeted. Facebook offers a custom audience feature that will gather everyone that marks "interested" or "going". You can then reach just these people with more info about your event or about future events. This is one of the biggest reasons we recommend using Facebook Events.
Following Mark's Lead
Facebook is doing some great things to keep us connected to our families, friends, and communities. In late 2017, Mark Zuckerberg let us know that Facebook's new goal is to be a “friends and family” platform. Not only do the folks at Facebook want to help us keep up with one another’s pages and statuses, they also want to encourage us to get out and participate IRL! By adding events, you are inline with Facebook's strategy and will be more likely to get love from the Facebook algorithym. To learn more about how to add your event to Facebook, visit Facebook's event guide.